We sell and rent both new and used pianos for every budget and level of player
- Baldwin: A-1 Piano is the exclusive Baldwin dealer for the Puget Sound area. Baldwin is a well-known brand with a well-established history of producing quality pianos. Historically, Baldwins are commonly found in schools and churches because of their durability. Pianos come in high gloss or satin, in a variety of colors. Slow fall key and cabinet covers are available. Click here to see more of what Baldwin has to offer.
- Hallet & Davis: A middle tier brand that has been around since 1835. Currently manufactured in the Baldwin factories. High gloss finishes are available in a variety of colors with the option of two-tone instruments. Slow fall key covers available.
- Hardman: A middle tier brand with medium action and a bright sound. High gloss finishes in a variety of colors available. Slow fall key covers available.
- George Steck: A higher middle tier brand provides excellent craftsmanship at an affordable price. The Stecks have a full aggraffe, a metal piece near the tuning pins through which individual strings are threaded. The result is greater tuning stability, and a much cleaner and crisper sound. George Steck pianos come in a variety of colors with high gloss finishes. Slow fall key covers are available.
- Schumann: A higher middle tier brand with a solid tone and smooth action. Available in high gloss finishes in a variety of colors. Slow fall key covers available.
Our inventory of used pianos can shift on a daily basis, but here is a list of brands we typically carry:
- Chickering: Top American brand; warm tone; solid bass; excellent craftsmanship.
- Mason & Hamlin: Top American brand, darker tone, rich sound.
- Yamaha: Very popular Japanese brand, high resale value, clear, bright sound.
- Baldwin: Top American Brand; a warm, rich sound; more overlap and layering in the sound while playing.
- Kawai: Popular Japanese brand; smooth action; clear, mellow tone.
- Samick: Korean brand; heavier action; bright, solid sound.
- Young Chang: Korean brand; bright, crisp sound.
- Wurlitzer: American brand; make excellent spinets; sound varies.
- Acrosonic: Subsidiary of Baldwin; make excellent spinets; rich tone.
- Kimball: Middle tier brand; medium action; good for beginners.
- Cable: Sound and touch vary greatly.
- Gulbransen: Light action; mellow sound.